Lift13: Speaker Notes
Untapping Resilience – Talk during Lift13
References and credits
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes that see reality. ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
Information about Nikos Kazantzakis, famous for his novel “Zorba The Greek”
- Personal blog (Greek)
- Live blogging
- Campus Party Europe, writing for Marketingweek’s Greek Edition.
- Greece’s economy restructured by grassroots actors
- Entrepreneurship: Be the Change – The Challenge of Getting Back to Our Roots
Steps outside the comfort zone
- Broadcasted discussion with the Prime Minister (1) (2) (3) (4)
- Startup Live Athens #1, Startup Live Athens #2, videos (1) (2)
- Coverage about Startup Live Athens on Inc.com, The Guardian, Die Presse, The Toronto Star
My work, building a social venture together with a team
- Loft2work (1) (2) (3)
- Think Social. Act Business.: A project with the British Council
- Design Thinking on (1) Youth Employment (2) Mature Professionals (3) MSF
Values from ancient times: Ethos- Pathos- Logos Triangle of Aristotle
Social space initiatives
- Syntagma Indignados, movement saw tens of thousands mobilizing and organizing within just a few days to protest against austerity
- Tutorpool, Volunteer Network for Education
- Boroume , which fights food waste by organizing the distribution of surplus food for charity throughout Greece
- Omikron Project, a grassroots initiative giving people outside Greece a different picture without the negative stereotypes presented by traditional media outlets that are adding to Greece’s problems.
- Future Library, reviving public libraries nationwide
- Metavallon, accelerating program for startups, taking them from idea to venture
- Startup Live Athens, Athens connecting the local entrepreneurial community with the European one.
- Hellas Direct, changing the Greek insurance market, fundraising 8.5 million Euros. Its founders recently were selected as Endeavor Entrepreneurs
- Symbiosis, cutting-edge technology, aiming to answer needs of patients and health professionals dealing with Alzheimer
My venture: Loft2work, social enterprise
Pictures from Kerameikos: KM Protypi Geitonia
Special «Thank You»
Iasonas Kantas and Mehran Khalili who contributed their photographs for my presentation.
Dora Giannopoulou for helping me with visualizing what I wanted to share.
Tonia Eliascou for her amazingly calming support to get my thoughts into words.
… and of course Manolis, Lefteris, Nasos, Irini, Ian, Sophia, Andreas, Tasos, Mareva, Petroula and Julian, and of course Sylvie and Hannes for being around.
P.S. Here is the talk… Just in case you are interested.